BGSU Historic Campus Tour

Aerial Views - 1950-1960 View from Poe Road, ca. 1955

Select a Tour | Select an Aerial Tour | Select a Building

Date: 1950s

View: Looking south from Poe & Mercer

Special Features: Two trends in the development of the campus and community are evident in this photograph: a large parking lot appears in the upper left corner of the photograph, while the city's water treatment plant can be seen in the lower left corner. The barracks buildings, installed by the military during World War II were in use by the University as warehouses and Graphical Arts facilities.

Larger View | Next View

Return to CAC Homepage | University Archives | Centennial Perspectives