BGSU Historic Campus Tour

Aerial Views - 1940-1950

Select a Tour | Select an Aerial Tour | Select a Building

Date: 1947-1948

View: Campus Map

Special Features: Thanks to the GI Bill, post-war enrollment exploded.  BGSU accommodated this growth by adding classroom buildings for Chemistry, English, and Art, east of the Women's Gymnasium.  The Commons appears just north of Kohl Hall, a "temporary" military surplus building which was used until the 1960s when it was replaced with a brick structure.  Housing was the biggest change.  Sorority row was enlarged.  Dormitories east of Kohl Hall, first proposed for women's residences, were instead used for men's housing.  East and West Hall (located north of the proposed Science building), trailers and other "apartments" were designated for men and some were set aside for married students .  A proposed Conklin Hall appears near the golf course.

PDF View | Next View

Return to CAC Homepage | University Archives | Centennial Perspectives