BGSU Historic Campus Tour

Aerial Views - 1950-1960 Campus Maps

Select a Tour | Select an Aerial Tour | Select a Building

Date: 1950

View: Campus Map from Bulletin, 1950

Special Features: This map from the 1950-1951 BGSU bulletin exhibits the 1950’s beginning as the 1940’s ended, with temporary structures absorbing the swelling student and faculty population. One of the first completed building projects shown by this map is Science Building Unit A (now Overman Hall). An interesting fact can be noted in this map: each housing area is segregated by gender, with men’s housing east of the Administration Building (now University Hall) and women’s housing west of the string of buildings. Even though earlier proposals noted on maps had some co-located housing areas, the pattern had been set.  Note: PDF view may show a multi-page brochure.

 PDF View | Next View

Return to CAC Homepage | University Archives | Centennial Perspectives