a Webquest for 1st grade
Subtraction can be fun, with games! Have you ever played games to help you remember your subtraction facts? Well, today on your quest, you will learn how to play a lot of fun games that will increase your knowledge of subtraction!
After reading the book, Subtraction Action by Loreen Leedy, you and a partner will work on the computer and play a few subtraction games.
* computer- PC or MAC
* access to the internet via Netscape or Explorer
* Leedy, L. (2000). Subtraction Action. New York, NY: Holiday House.
* Internet sites (bookmark these sites):
Follow these easy steps to complete your quest:
1. As a class we will read Subtraction Action by Loreen Leedy.
2. After the book is read, your teacher will pair you up with a partner.
3. With your partner, play these fun subtraction games on the computer:
A. Basic Subtraction Facts
B. Tic Tac Toe Subtraction
* Read the goal and how to play
** Click on Subtraction under the heading Easy
*** Play your game!
C. Concentration Game with Subtraction
* Read the directions with your partner
** Click on the heading Subtraction
*** Play your game!
D. Hidden Picture Subtraction
* Click on any box
** Type in your answer to the subtraction problem and click ENTER
*** Complete all of the subtraction problems.
4. You and your partner will make your own flashcards at this site:
* Select the type of flashcards: SUBTRACTION
** Select the sets of numbers you would like to have: CLICK ON 1'S
*** Select the size: CLICK ON LARGE
**** Make your own subtraction equations and print them out.
You and your partner will be evaluated by your teacher on the following:
1. Did the student's cooperatively work with each other? YES NO
2. Did the student's stay on task? YES NO
3. Did the group demonstrate a knowledge of subtraction? YES NO
You have completed your mission! Congratulations! Keep practicing your subtraction facts!
Created by Meghan Hickey, Fall 2000
Graphics by Carrie Opatrny, Summer 2002
Bowling Green State University Graduate Student
Pagemaster / Disclaimer