Digital Equipment Borrowing Loan Policy
The information below lists policies for BGSU digital equipment borrowing and use. Please read through each item.
- Eligibility for participation requires enrollment in a BGSU undergraduate or graduate program.
- Equipment must be used for Academic purposes.
- The video cameras, still cameras and tripods can be borrowed for three (3) day periods.
- Late fees are as follows:
- Video and Still Cameras and Tripods: $1/hour
- Late fees will be charged to your Bursar account and may be taken out of your financial aid package, if applicable.
- All equipment must be returned to the Circulation Desk during normal hours of operation. It MAY NOT be returned in the book drop.
- Equipment may only be renewed by bringing the equipment back into the Circulation Desk in person. If the equipment in question is already on a wait list, you will not be able to renew it.
- If you withdraw from BGSU or graduate and still have digital still equipment checked-out, you must turn it in as soon as you withdraw, or prior to graduation. Failure to return digital still equipment by the due dates will result in late fees (see above) and other replacement charges.
- BGSU does not assume any responsibility for damage or loss of the camera kit and any related accessories. You will be responsible for repair costs if any items in the camera kit are damaged due to misuse, accident, modification, unsuitable physical or operating environment or improper maintenance by the user. This type of damage may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Damaged LCD view finder from being dropped or other excessive force
- Cracked, scratched or broken parts
- Broken latches or connectors
- Liquid damage inside the camera or foreign material inside the system
- Damage caused by excessive force, shock or from being dropped
- Stolen or missing digital still equipment should be reported immediately to BGSU campus police at 419-372-2346.