Renewing your items
Material checked out through the University Libraries can generally be renewed in one of four ways, as long as no other patron has put a hold on the item:
- In person renewal
- Telephone renewal - 419-372-2133 (general number)
- On-line renewal
- E-mail renewal
NOTE: If material is on hold or has been recalled it CANNOT be renewed.
At the end of the semester (undergraduate students and courtesy card borrowers), or at the end of the academic year (graduate students, faculty, and staff borrowers), items must be physically presented for renewal.
Materials checked out at a Special Collection circulation desk should be renewed at that desk.
In person renewal:
Renew items in person by presenting the items and your University ID at any circulation desk.
- Materials may be renewed by calling the appropriate circulation desk.
- Have your University ID and the material with you and follow the directions of the circulation staff.
- Record the new date and the renewal code, as directed by the library staff
- 419-372-2133 for Jerome library materials
- 419-372-2956 for materials checked of at the Curriculum Resource Center
- 419-372-2307 for materials checked out in Music Library and Sound Recordings Archives
- 419-433-5560 for Firelands materials
On-line renewal: ITEMS which are overdue CANNOT be renewed online. If you try to renew overdue items online, the system will not allow the renewal. Read the screen carefully.
- Choose “My Library Account” available on the University Libraries home page or in the Library Catalog.
- Enter your BGSU username and password (same as for campus email and MyBGSU). If you are a Courtesy Card patron, enter your full name as it appears on your library card, and the library card number (including the R.)
- Click on “checked out items.”
- Select the items to renew by checking the box to the left of each title
- Click on the "Renew Selected Items" button, and note the new due date assigned for each item.
Send the barcode, title, and your BGSU ID# to email@example.com
We strongly suggest that you double check the status of your account any time you renew items to make sure the system accepted the renewal and assigned a new due date for each item.
Have a Question? Contact the Circulation Desk at 419-372-2051 or email firstname.lastname@example.org