College of Technology, Architecture & Applied Engineering
Student Portfolio: Tips & Samples
MANY RESOURCES BELOW. PLEASE CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
Need a simple, easy-to-create portfolio?
The 5-Minute ePortfolio: (to email) - CLICK HERE FOR A SAMPLE OF THIS PORTFOLIO
- Gather/Organize your works together in one place.
- Decide which works to include (7-12 is average).
- Convert these to PDF files.
- Create a simple cover page.
- Combine PDFs into a single PDF file, cover page is first.
- Name the file “1stName_LastName_Portfolio” E.g. “Jamie_Smith_Portfolio”
PORTFOLIO-BUILDING WEBSITES (in no particular order):
Wix - http://www.wix.com/
Weebly - http://www.weebly.com/
Portfoliopen - http://www.portfoliopen.com/
Cargo - http://cargocollective.com/
Wordpress - http://wordpress.org/
Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/
Indexhibit - http://www.indexhibit.org/
Vimeo - http://vimeo.com/
Deviantart - http://www.deviantart.com/
Behance - http://www.behance.net/
Carbonmade - http://carbonmade.com/
Big Black Bag - http://www.bigblackbag.com/
Blue Host - http://www.bluehost.com/
SmugMug - http://www.smugmug.com/
Points-to-Ponder When Creating Your Portfolio:
- Be sure to illustrate self-reflection and growth in your chosen pieces.
- Content “proves” your talent and skills to an employer/audience.
- Combines all life-experiences into one collection.
- Be positive. Glass half-full, always.
- Demonstrate intellect in combining classroom learning with professional experience.
OTHER EXAMPLES & RESOURCES:
Columbia College Chicago - http://www.colum.edu/portfoliocenter/index.php
Penn State University - https://www.e-education.psu.edu/styleforstudents/c7_p5.html
Wade College - http://www.wadecollege.edu/student-portfolios/
Ithaca College - http://www.ithaca.edu/directories/eportfolios.php
Please notify us if you find resources to include on this page… Thank you.