College of Technology, Architecture & Applied Engineering
Application For Your Co-op Course
To register for your CO-OP course (TECH 2890, 3890 or 4890) you must complete an application for approval.
STEPS TO DO THIS:
1. Log-in to your MyBGSU page at: https://my.bgsu.edu/, click the "Blackboard", then "Community" tab.
2. Click the "CO-OP APPLICATION (College of Technology)" link.
3. Read the directions on the following page and complete your application as instructed.
Your CO-OP approval process is as follows:
- Submit your application as instructed above.
- Our office receives your application and will contact you if we have any questions about possible errors.
- Your application is then sent to your Academic Advisor for approval. What your advisor is looking to approve is:
- Is your proposed co-op site related to your major?
- Are you working for an entire semester, 40 hours per week? (20 hours/week for 2 consecutive semesters if applying for the part-time format)
- Are you being supervised at your proposed co-op site?
- Are you working at a professional location? (not your dorm room or residence)
- Once approved by your advisor, your application is sent to the Assistant Director for approval.
- Once approved by the Assistant Director, your application is then registered into BGSU's registration system.