College of Technology, Architecture & Applied Engineering
Prerequisite for completion of first CO-OP course.
(TECH 2890, 3890, or 4890, depending on your personal situation)
You must accept the email invitation
you received to access this orientation.
Completion of this orientation is required in order to register for your first CO-OP course. We will be checking your records to ensure that you have completed this prerequisite. You only need to complete this requirement once, however, you can visit this orientation as many times as you like, using it for reference.
The CO-OP Orientation provides information on:
- Requirements and Guidelines
- Search Strategies
- Resume Tips
- WorkNet Account Usage
- Resources available to you
- Much more...
TO COMPLETE THE ORIENTATION:
- Accept the email invitation, sent to your BGSU email account.
- Log-in to your MyBGSU account, then access Canvas.
- Mouse-over your “Courses” link, then click the “CO-OP Orientation” link.
- Read the instructions and complete. (takes only about 20-30 minutes)
Once you have completed the orientation, our office will authorize you to apply/register for a CO-OP course (TECH 2890, 3890 or 4890).
- Do you have the right internet browser? In order for the orientation slides to operate effectively, you should have all latest browser versions installed on your computer.
- Do you have Prezi™? You will need this for the presentations. An app for iphone and ipad users is available in the App Store. This is a free service.
- Still being blocked? Be sure you have all pop-up blockers turned off.
- Too secure? If the presentations are not opening, it may because your security settings are set too high on your internet browser. Lower these settings and the presentations should work.
Please contact our office should you have any questions.