MyBGSU BGSU Email Search Academics Admissions The Arts Athletics Library A to Z Links Bowling Green State University
Biology: Center for Algal Microscopy
Freshwater Algae Links
- BGSU Diatom Image Archive
- Our archive of digitized images
- Michael R. Martin's Phytoplankton Image Library
- Light micrographs of numerous species of phytoplankton from several divisions.
- Paleolimnology/Diatom Home Page
- Roger Sweets' Home Page at the Indiana University. This has links
- for diatoms and paleolimnology/ecology.
- California Academy of Science Diatom Collection
- Searchable databases of their diatom and literature holdings. An
- online version of their Diatom Genus Project is being prepared.
- Diatom Biovolume Software
- An access point to download David Kirtschtel's diatom biovolume
- Loras College Fresh Water Diatom collection
- A catalog of Dave Czarnecki's cultured fresh diatoms at Loras College (appx. 1200 isolates of 64 genera and 350 species/varieties).
- A comprehensive site for cyanobacteria.
- Atlas of Microorganisms
- Contains representitive images of protozoans, algae, rotifers, and bacteria.
- University of Toronto Culture Collection of Algae and Cyanobacteria
- Information on their holdings, ordering, and culturing techniques.
Return to the Algal Microscopy and Image Digitization Home Page