DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
CS 3140: WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
A survey of web technologies and emerging web standards, protocols, markup languages, and scripting languages. Both client-side and server-side technologies and scripting languages are covered. Prerequisite: CS 2010.
- Protocols and standards
- Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension (MIME)
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
- Markup languages
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML)
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- Extensible Hypertext Markup Language (XHTML)
- Client-side technologies
- Server-side technologies
Approximately 7-10 lab exercises using various web technologies will be given during the semester.
Student Learning Outcomes
- I can use client and server-side scripting languages.
- I can design simple web applications that users interact with.
- I can articulate reasonable client-server solutions for certain web applications.
- I have developed project management skills related to web development.
- I can demonstrate technical skills required of web developers.