Romance and Classical Studies
Studies in Classics - ROME
We offer two housing options for the duration of the course. For both options, students have a choice of accommodation in a single or a double room.
1) Accommodations in apartments with local couples (rarely families with children): to make the experience of living abroad complete through immersion in the language and culture, students will be housed with carefully selected families in Rome who are familiar with our program. While enjoying personal freedom, students are able to discover a new culture by joining the customs and socializing with the host family.
2) Room in apartment with other students: accommodations in apartments of two or more bedrooms with other students from our program and/or with Italian students. Kitchen and bathroom are shared.
All homes are located in residential sections of Rome, either within walking distance or connected by convenient means of transportation to the School’s facilities.
All arrangements for housing are made by the program prior to the students' arrival, and all housing costs while school is in session, including room, half board, and laundry, are included in the total cost of the program.
Living in Italy - even if it is only for a short time - is a unique experience, full of opportunities. Rome is a lively metropolis, with an exciting cultural scene.
The city offers a broad range of events throughout the year to satisfy the tastes of all age groups. It has the world's largest outdoor museum, hundreds of churches, countless monuments, museums, galleries, theaters and cinemas.
There are frequent concerts of all types of music - opera, classical, jazz, rock, etc. The school's cultural program makes it possible for you to enjoy the city and its events while learning Italian.
Besides the regular courses, the following activities are offered on a regular basis:
- Introduction to Rome: the town, its services, and its cultural events.
- Guided tours of Rome: Art history itinerary; Italian architecture itinerary.
- Italian Cinema: Presentation and viewing of films of representative Italian directors
- Italian Literature: The new Italian writers.
- The Regions of Italy: history, culture, traditions, and life today.
- Italian "Opera".
- Italian songwriters.
During the summer, the city hosts the famous "Estate Romana" (arts festival), offering an impressive number of outdoor events, including concerts, dance, theater, cinema, etc. In this period, the Italian Language School organizes evenings out where teachers accompany students to various events.
Participation in the school's Italian cultural program is free of charge.
In addition to our extracurricular program, we also offer seminars on Italian culture.