Romance and Classical Studies
Graduate Studies in Spanish: Program Costs
Tuition Costs (Fees current for the Academic Year 2012-2013)
- Candidates for the M.A. in Spanish are required to take a total of 18 credits per academic year; this amounts to an approximate total of $7,632 per academic year.
- Graduate students who are not residents of the state of Ohio pay an additional $5,490 per academic year. These non-resident fees may be covered by a tuition scholarship.
- While abroad (if applicable), as much as $5000/year
- While on BGSU campus, as much as $9000/year
*All M.A. applicants must pay the General Fees ($1,026 per year); these fees are not covered by any of the scholarships we offer.
- Host Family = $9,200/academic year [includes rent, utilities, 3 meals/day, laundry]
- Alternately, students can make their own arrangements to find housing of their own
- Academic Year Abroad (AYA) Application fee (non-refundable): $25
- Administrative Fee (non-refundable): $175
- Housing Fee (non-refundable): $500 [only for BGSU-arranged housing]
*Not included in the overall fee are transportation to and from Spain/Mexico, passport, school supplies, incidental expenses, individual travel/cultural excursions, and insurance.
Bowling Green State University reserves the right to make changes in dates, program costs, or courses, if it becomes necessary to do so. In the event of insufficient enrollment, a full refund of monies paid will be made. Any student who, for personal or family reasons, must withdraw from the program after having been accepted, forfeits the application fee. In addition, if a student withdraws after the completion of lodging or host family assignments, the student will be held responsible for reimbursing the AYA Spain program on a case-by-case basis, according to the time frame.