Romance and Classical Studies
Costs and Scholarships
Scholarships. Full-time graduate students are eligible to receive:
- A scholarship package including (up to full) tuition waivers to cover tuition costs and non-resident fees.
- A stipend for on-campus study and study abroad, if applicable.
Tuition Costs and fees are the same for students on the BGSU campus or abroad. (Fees current for the Academic Year 2013-2014)
- Full time students in the Spanish M.A. programs take 18 credits per academic year; this amounts to approximately $7,632 per academic year.
- Graduate students who are not residents of the state of Ohio are charged an additional Non-Resident Fee of $5,490 per academic year.
- All graduate students are required to pay the General Fee, approximately $63/credit. Note that the tuition scholarship is not able to cover this fee.
Stipends / Teaching Assistantships:
ON CAMPUS: Students in the on-campus program are eligible to receive a Graduate Assistantship that ranges from .38-.5 time. This will commit the GA to up to 20 hours of duties per week and makes them eligible for up to $9000 in an annual stipend.
ABROAD: Students in a study abroad portion of the program are eligible to receive a Graduate Assistantship that ranges from .17-.38 time. This will commit the GA to up to 8 hours of duties per week and makes them eligible for up to $5000 in an annual stipend.
ADDITIONAL COSTS FOR SPAIN: Students must pay for transportation and personal costs. Housing in Spain can be arranged with a host family through the Study Abroad Office. Students opting to live on their own are advised to arrive prior to the start of the semester to make all arrangements. The Study Abroad Office will inform students of fees related to acquiring the passport, student visa, insurance, and BGSU’s Academic Year Abroad (AYA) application/administrative fees, and optional cultural excursions.
Bowling Green State University reserves the right to make changes in dates, program costs, or courses, if it becomes necessary to do so. In the event of insufficient enrollment, a full refund of monies paid will be made. Any student who, for personal or family reasons, must withdraw from the program after having been accepted, forfeits the application fee. In addition, if a student withdraws after the completion of lodging or host family assignments, the student will be held responsible for reimbursing the AYA Spain program on a case-by-case basis, according to the time frame.