School of Media and Communication
Information for Current Students
- For Doctoral students: Tentative Degree Program Form, Change of Advisor Form, Preliminary Examination Application/Report, Topic Approval Form, ETD Submission/Approval Form.
- For Masters students: Tentative Degree Program Form, Change of Advisor Form, Topic Approval Form (MA Plan I), ETD Submission/Approval Form (MA Plan I), Examination Schedule (MA Plan II), Comprehensive Final/Project Approval (MA Plan II).
- Additional Forms: Travel Fund Application, Research Funding Approval Form, Travel Expense Report Form.
- Selection of Permanent Advisor by the end of a student’s first year.
- Tentative Degree Program Forms due in the School office by the end of a student’s second semester.
- Preliminary Exam Application (PhD) and Comprehensive Exam Schedule (MA Plan II) due on the following dates: Sept. 15th for the Fall Semester, Feb. 15th for the Spring Semester, or May 15th for the Summer Semester.
- See Graduate Coordinator for deadlines concerning ETD submission and approval.