NATPE 2008 CONFERENCE, LAS VEGAS
The National Association of Television Program Executives is the largest
organization of multiplatform video content professionals in the world.
Each January, the NATPE Conference and Exhibition brings together more
than 8,000 media industry leaders for workshops and seminars and to take
part in the world’s largest marketplace for buying and selling television
programming and video content. Many of the syndicated programs you watch
everyday were sold to your favorite television stations at NATPE.
For each conference, interns help with information, registration, seminar
seating, publications distribution and other assignments that make the
meeting go smoothly. The conference is not open to the public thus the
student interns receive a unique, behind-the-scenes view of the
television industry. Interns put in long hours but each student has an
all access pass to the conference. For 2008, the NATPE Conference and
Exhibition is scheduled for January 28-31 at Mandalay Bay Resort and
Conference Center in Las Vegas. Interns would likely be needed for pre-
conference duties beginning the evening of Friday, January 25.
For more information about NATPE or the conference, visit:
Who is eligible?
To be eligible, you should be 21 years old and a currently enrolled
student. December graduates may apply. Students younger than 21 may
apply but must furnish a signed parental waiver if they are selected.
If I’m selected, what am I responsible for?
You must be able to:
• Arrange and pay for your transportation to and from the Mandalay Bay
Resort in Las Vegas and personal expenses
• Be available to work from Friday evening, January 25 until Thursday
night, January 31.
• Dress appropriately; attire for the event is smart casual….Khaki or
other slacks. Suits and dresses are also appropriate once the conference
What does NATPE provide?
NATPE provides hotel accommodation, meals, conference registration
materials, and access to the conference.
How do I apply?
Eligible students should send a letter of introduction and resume, a
recent photo, and a letter of recommendation. Your letter and resume
should tell us about:
• The activities you've been involved in at school
• Related activities outside of school, if any
• Any special skills you possess (production, typing, foreign language,
• What type of career you hope to enter after graduation
• Conflicts that might restrict the hours you are available for intern
• The photograph will help NATPE staffers get to know your face prior
to the conference
• Why you should be selected as a NATPE intern and what you have to
contribute as an intern
You may also include any other information you think will be helpful to
the selection committee in making their decision. Mail your application
materials to: Dr. Greg Pitts, 6718 North Fieldstone Drive, Peoria, IL
61615. All applications must be received by November 2, 2007.
Questions? Contact Greg Pitts by phone, 309-677-4116 or 309-256-2135 or