The following websites have been identified for their reliable information on immigration related matters:
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Under the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) it is the gateway to the latest in immigration news and links for specific current topics of interest. It is an excellent user-friendly site.
- USCIS Laws & Regulations page
Provides information on laws, regulations, interpretations on immigration law, and how laws and regulations are developed.
- USCIS Forms and Fees page
Student and Exchange Visitor System (SEVIS)
- Contains information on the electronic data collection and reporting on non-immigrant students/visitors and exchange visitors in the F, M, and J visa categories
U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Has links to all 22 of its agencies, and provides information on immigration and border management, and the U.S. VISIT program, set up to expedite the entry/exit process for foreign nationals.
U.S. Department of State
- Has information on immigration topics including visas and cultural and educational exchanges.
U.S. Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs
- Has information on cultural and educational exchanges like the J visa Exchange Program.
U.S. Department of Treasury, Internal Revenue Service
- Has information for aliens with tax obligations using a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) format. It also includes a link to immigrants and social security.