Hardware and Software Upgrades for Labs for Fall 2013
Information Technology Services (ITS) has completed the process of upgrading labs and classrooms on campus for fall, with the exception of Wolfe 246 and Tech 247 which are still in progress of being upgraded.
Prior to class time, instructors are invited to visit the classroom or lab where their class is being held to ensure the computer systems are configured as needed for fall semester.
The following upgrades have been completed in ITS maintained labs:
- PC Only: SAS 9.3 from SAS 9.2, SPSS 21 from SPSS 19/20
- Mac Only: Mac OS 10.8 from Mac OS 10.7
- PC & Mac: Adobe Acrobat Pro 11 from Adobe Acrobat Pro 10, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox
Classrooms utilizing DVSS (Digital Video Streaming Service) will now access DVSS services using a shortcut on the computer desktop rather than utilizing the cabinet Set Top Box. Any faculty member who would like a training session on how to use the technology available in classrooms is invited to email Classroom Technology Services (CTS) to schedule a session.
Hardware upgrades have been completed as listed below and the software listing will continue to be updated.
- Bowen-Thompson Student Union 105 – 67 PC
- Business Administration 1005 – 51 PC
- Business Administration 2001 – 48 PC
- Business Administration 2003 – 42 PC
- College Park Office Building 120 – 23 Mac
- East Hall 115 – 29 PC
- East Hall 116 – 29 PC
- Fine Arts 1030 – 20 Mac
- Hayes 107 – 33 Mac
- Library Learning Commons – 28 PC
- Moore Musical Arts 108 – 36 Mac
- Psychology 103 – 31 PC
- Residence Halls & Small Group Houses – 70 Mac
- STAC / Library 122 – 12 Mac
- Technology 247 – 41 Mac and 52 PC (see note in first paragraph of this web page)
Please direct any questions regarding the upgrades to the Technology Support Center.