|Print Responsibly Home | Fax Server | Pharos | Student Printing | Service & Supplies|
|Questions/Comments | Info & Guides | P.R. New Technology Request | Recycling | FAQs|
Network Fax Server
BGSU has installed a network fax server that can be used to send and receive faxes via email. This server replaces the fax functionality of a stand-alone fax machine or multi-function device.
The BGSU Fax Server converts incoming faxes to pdf email attachments. Outgoing faxes are sent by composing email messages and attaching documents. (See link to directions below). This server is available for use by BGSU employees holding a valid BGSU email account. Any email client supported by BGSU’s email system can be used to send, including Outlook, Outlook Web Access, and Entourage.
- There is no cost associated with using the fax server. There is no need to pay a monthly fee for the fax line.
- Users will receive an email confirmation of each error or successful delivery.
- Users will not need to print each fax that is to be sent.
- Faxes received can be forwarded via email to their intended recipient.
- Users can send a fax from their desktop.
Conversion to Network Fax Server
- Existing fax numbers are associated with an email address.
- Incoming faxes are routed to the inbox of the associated address.
- To request that a fax number be converted to the network fax server, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following:
- Fax number
- Email address for incoming messages
- Primary contact name, email address and phone number
Please note: If your department uses your fax machine to send or receive sensitive information, ITS recommends you stay with your stand alone fax machine.
To send a fax via the network fax server the user will simply send an email address to the server containing the receiving fax number in the To: field and attach the file that is to be sent. Additional instructions are provided in
Using the BGSU Fax Server to Send a Fax - Click here to download