Wired Connections to BGSU
The content on this page about Wired Connections to BGSU primarily applies to those in campus offices at BGSU. Students living in residence halls should contact RCC for network problems. Students living off-campus should contact a local Internet Service Provider (ISP) to get a network connection.
Wired Connections Quicklinks ...
- New Network Service Activation Request (faculty and staff only)
- Charges for New Network Service Activation
- Report a Problem
- Packet Shaping
- Glossary of Networking Terms
- ITS Computer Policies
Wired Connections FAQs ...
- Q. What is the connection speed in administrative and academic buildings?
A. 10/100 Mb ethernet
- Q. What is the connection speed in residence halls?
A. 10 Mb or 10/100 Mb ethernet, depending upon building and location.
- Q. How do I display my IP address?
A. On a Windows XP:
- From the Start menu, select Run .
- When the small window opens, enter the command 'cmd' without the quote marks and click OK .
- When the next window opens, enter the command 'ipconfig' at the prompt and press the Enter key. The IP Address will be one of the values displayed.
- Enter the command 'exit' without the quote marks and press the Enter key when finished.