BGSU Remote Print
Remote Print provides users with the ability to conveniently print documents from their own devices to ITS lab locations.
Using remote print, you can send a document to be printed from a personal device in an on-campus location to remote print locations. Then, once the you are at a remote print location, you can swipe your BGSU ID or enter your BGSU username and password to unlock a listing of queued documents. You will then select the appropriate document from the listing and print. Standard printing costs apply and documents left in the queue longer than 24 hours will be automatically released from the list with no charges being applied.
In order to utilize remote print each user will need to set up remote print on their device. This set up needs to occur one time - the set up is not required with each print. Set up instructions are provided below.
A listing of the BGSU Remote Print release stations is provided here.
Setting Remote Print Up on Your Personal Machine
Remote print is available for Windows and Apple computers.
If you would like assistance with remote print, click here to establish a live chat session with an ITS specialist.
Printing Your Document
Standard printing costs will apply to all print outs made through Remote Print.
To print your document:
- if it the first time you are using Remote Print from a machine, set up Remote Print on the machine using the instructions provided above
- open the document
- select the print option.
- select the "Remote Print" option in the list of available printers.
- Please note: You will only be able to use this printer while on campus.
- When prompted, enter your BGSU Username. Be sure you enter the name correctly or you will be unable to retrieve the print.
To pick up a printout:
- You will have 24 hours to retrieve the document at any of the current BGSU Remote Print release stations.
- Once at the appropriate station,
- either swipe your BGSU ID or
- enter your BGSU Username and Password
- to unlock a list of all of the documents you have sent to be printed.
- Select the document from the list and it will print.
- A document left in the queue longer then 24 hours will be automatically removed from your list and you will not be charged for the cost of the print.