Unified Communications (UC)
Details Regarding FalconMail Account Changes
Phase three of the Unified Communications (UC) project will bring all of our 72,000 BGSU email accounts into one unified cloud-based system.
- FalconMail account holders were part of an email upgrade during the week of May 13 – 17.
- Faculty, staff and graduate students who were BGSU email users were migrated to the Unified cloud-based email system in July and August.
Information for faculty, staff, and graduate students transitioning to the new cloud-based email system
Starting July 29th
- A selected group of accounts will be moved each day.
- You will receive an additional email with more information before the exact date of your individual move.
- BGSU email addresses and passwords will remain the same.
- During the move, users may experience an intermittent interruption to personal and office account calendar sharing.
- Email, calendar and contacts for each account will be transferred automatically.
- Guides are available here on changing your iPhones/iPads and Android Devices to work after your date of conversion.
- SkyDrive is only accessible from the following link: https://skydrive.live.com.
- SkyDrive is supported by Microsoft and as such, it will no longer be synched to match your BGSU account password when you make changes to your BGSU account password. You will need to log in with your old @falcon.bgsu.edu address as well as the password associated with your account during the transition. Contact Microsoft Support for assistance with that password in the future.
- A new version of SkyDrive accessible from within your email account is expected to be available later this summer. Once the new version (SkyDrive Pro) is available, you will be able to move your items from SkyDrive to SkyDrive Pro.
|Phase 1||Upgrade Network Switches||February through March 2013 - Completed|
|Phase 2||Replace Voicemail System||March 2013 - Completed|
|Phase 3||Unified Email System||April through October 2013 - Completed|
|Phase 4||Telephone Upgrades||May through November 2013 - completed|
|Phase 5||Enhance 911||May through December 2013|
|Phase 6||Call Centers||September - November 2013 - completed|
|Future Phases||Voicemail to Email.|