The planning phase of a project is intended to define the overall scope of a project, not to work out specific design details or construction methods. Proper planning takes time.
- A Project Request Form is completed by the Department Head and signed by the area Dean/Vice President. This form is to be sent to the Office of Capital Planning, 601 Administration Building.
- The Office of Capital Planning will set up a meeting with the Department Head and other appropriate stakeholders to identify the proposed project’s requirements, considerations, and challenges. On larger projects (or projects of multiple complexity), a Feasibility Study may be required to fully and accurately determine the project scope, cost and schedule.
- Once the information is gathered and confirmed, a Program Statement is generated by Capital Planning. The Program Statement will clearly identify the space requirements, the challenges, the preliminary budget, an estimated timeline, and the funding source.
- The Office of Capital Planning will meet with the Department Head, Dean or VP and other project stakeholders to review the Program Statement. If the Program Statement is found to be accurate and acceptable, the Dean or VP grants approval to proceed with the Project.
- The completed Planning Request Form and approved Program Statement is sent to the Vice President, Finance and Administration for final approval. Please note that all projects costing $500,000 and over must be approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Upon final approval, the Program Statement is forwarded to the Office of Design & Construction for assignment and Project implementation. Implementation on locally funded projects can not commence until the funding has been transferred into a Project Account.