Become a Career Center Student Ambassador
A Career Center Student Ambassador (SA) is a student volunteer who assists with outreach and promotion of Career Center services to BGSU students. Activities may include outreach events, serving as an ambassador to the campus, social media content creation, and supporting Career Center marketing strategies. The SA will utilize a combination of communication, marketing, leadership, and teamwork skills to effectively create programs and build relationships across campus.
A team of SA’s will be selected through an application and interview process in the fall semester. The leadership experience begins September 30, 2013 and will conclude December 13, 2013. SA’s must be available for training and up to 5 hours per week, with occasional weekend and evening responsibilities.
- Encourage students to effectively utilize the BGSU Career Center services, personnel, technology, and resource
- Serve as an ambassador during campus and community events, including but not limited to Preview Days, Career Center workshops, job & internship fairs, and other promotional events
- Act as a liaison among BGSU students, student organizations, and the Career Center
- Build relationships with students across campus
- Assist with social media and the creation of content, including You Tube videos, student spotlight interviews, and social media contests
- Attend all Student Ambassador trainings, meetings, and professional development sessions
- Model professional behavior and etiquette at Career Center events and programs
- Support Career Center events and programs, such as employer networking activities, and job & internship fairs, etc.
- Assist with the marketing efforts of Career Center events, programs, and services
- Currently a sophomore, junior, or senior, with a G.P.A. of 2.5 or higher
- Student with experiential learning background (e.g., internship, co-op, etc.)
- Reliable, strong work-ethic
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to learn and work without direct supervision
- Must be in good standing with BGSU
3-5 hours per week, including some evening and weekend hours during weeks of special events
- $400 Bookstore gift certificate (per semester)
- Professional development
- Enhanced career/job search support
- Increased interactions with employers
Please submit a resume and cover letter with completed application questions via email to Joelle Fundaro - email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. September 23, 2013. Applicants will receive confirmation that their application was received no later than 24 hours after submission.