BGSU Information Technology Policies
BGSU ITS Procedures Associated with Departmental Scheduling Accounts
BGSU Information Technology
|Number||IT - xx - xx|
|Last Revised||February 18, 2013|
|Policy Owner|| Office of the Chief Information Officer|
This document outlines the procedures for obtaining, transferring and decommissioning a departmental scheduling account. Departmental scheduling accounts are governed by the Departmental Scheduling Account Policy, which explains when it is appropriate to request such an account and how the account must be handled when it is being transferred from one individual in a campus department to another.
Associated Policy: BGSU ITS Departmental Scheduling Account Policy
Departmental Scheduling Account Owner: Will request a departmental scheduling account for scheduling processes within CSS or FMS. This account will be separate from the individual’s personal account and will be used for scheduling and managing output from a scheduled process. If the account owner is going to be out of the office for an extended period of time, it is the account owner and his/her supervisor’s responsibility to transfer the account ownership to another employee within the account owner’s department. The account owner must never share the password associated with the account with anyone else in or outside of his/her office. If the account owner leaves the department or University under good terms, he/she should transfer the account to another individual in the office who can then take over the processes associated with the account without disruption in the scheduling of those processes.
ITS Security Team: Will set up departmental scheduling accounts in CSS and FMS and manage passwords associated with those accounts. Will reassign BGSU emplids associated with the accounts as requested and approved by departmental supervisors and/or ITS management.
ITS Application Area: In the event that a departmental scheduling account owner leaves unexpectedly, an appointed person in the ITS area may need to temporarily be assigned the departmental scheduling account access until the account can be transferred to another account holder or the account can be decommissioned and all processes running under that account can be terminated.
Obtaining a Departmental Scheduling Account
To obtain a departmental scheduling account, complete the appropriate Security Request Form for the area involved. The request should include:
- Name, title, BGSU username and BGSU Id, phone number of person who will own the departmental scheduling account
- Department name
- Role/Roles that need to be assigned to this account
- Indicate within the “Special Instructions/Notes” that this is a departmental scheduling account
- The signature and email address of the applicant and the applicant’s supervisor
As indicated on the form, submit the completed form to the Technology Support Center in 110 Hayes Hall.
Transferring a Departmental Scheduling Account
To transfer ownership of a departmental scheduling account from one staff member to another, complete the appropriate Security Request Form for the area involved. The request should include:
- Name, title, BGSU username and BGSU Id, phone number of the person to whom the account is being transferred
- Department name (of transferee)
- Within the Special Instructions/Notes, indicate that this is request to transfer the following departmental scheduling account:
- Name of the departmental scheduling account being transferred
- Name and BGSU Id of person who currently owns the account
- Name and phone number of department contact person
- Date when account transfer is needed
- Signature and email address of the new account owner
- Signature and email address of supervisor authorizing the transfer of this account
Decommissioning a Department Scheduling Account
To inactivate or remove a departmental scheduling account, complete the appropriate Security Request Form for the area involved. The request should include:
- Name, Title, BGSU username and BGSU Id, phone number of Person Who Owns the Departmental Scheduling Account
- Department Name
- Within the Special Instructions/Notes, indicate that this is request to remove the following Departmental Scheduling Account:
- Name of the Departmental Scheduling Account Being Removed
- Name and Phone Number of Department Contact Person
- Date when Account Should be Removed
- Signature and email Address of the Supervisor Authorizing/Requesting the Removal of this Account
Before removing or inactivating the account, the security administrator will contact the appropriate lead or manager in the applications area to verify that there are no active scheduled processes associated with account. If there are active processes, the lead or manager will need to work the department contact or supervisor to make sure that those processes are cancelled or that they are handled appropriately. The applications area will need to make sure that no process is abandoned without an owner before the account is inactivated (or locked).