BGSU Information Technology Policies
BGSU MyVPN Access Request Procedure
|Applicability|| BGSU Employees|
BGSU Employee Supervisor
ITS Technology Support (TSC) Staff Members
ITS Security Staff Members
|Number||IT - xx - xx|
|Last Revised||August 19, 2008|
|Policy Owner|| Office of the Chief Information Officer|
PROCEDURE OVERVIEW / GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The following procedure must be followed in order to obtain an account on the BGSU MyVPN.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- BGSU Employees
- BGSU Employee Supervisor
- ITS Technology Support Center (TSC) Staff Members
- ITS Security Staff Members
1. The supervisor of the employee needing access to the BGSU MyVPN will contact the Technical Support Center (TSC), 110 Hayes Hall to request access
firstname.lastname@example.org - or -
419-372-0999 - or -
2. The supervisor will need to provide TSC with the following information of the individual requiring access:
Does the employee already have a Secure ID Token?
Purpose for BGSU MyVPN Access:
ITS Tech Support
3. TSC will create an incident to document the access request. The incident will be assigned to the ITS Security Staff.
4. ITS Security staff will verify the account request.
5. If the ITS Security staff verifies that the account request is valid, the account will be created. The employee will be notified that their BGSU MyVPN account has been created and they will be provided with any appropriate instructions.
Once printed, this procedure may be outdated. The official procedure can be found at: http://www.bgsu.edu/offices/cio/page54483.html.