Health Services Advisory Committee
To advise the Director of the Student Health Services.
- To receive and consider suggestions for meeting the health needs of the student body;
- To disseminate widely throughout the student body information regarding services available at the University Health Service;
- To counsel with the Director of the Student Health Service on any matters pertinent to the Health Service/student body relationship;
- To select the endorsed student health insurance plan; and
- To receive and consider suggestions for meeting the health needs of the broader University community.
- Three elected faculty members, at least two of whom are not members of Faculty Senate;
- One faculty member in first four years, appointed by the Committee on Committees for a one-year term;
- Three undergraduate students appointed by Undergraduate Student Government (USG) for one-year terms;
- One graduate student appointed by Graduate Student Senate (GSS) for a one-year term.
- Director of Student Health Service or his/her designee
- Assistant Vice President for Student Affairs
- Director of International Programs Office or his/her designee
The chair shall be elected from among the elected or appointed members of the committee, excluding ex officio members ( Academic Charter, Article V.B.4).
BALANCE OF REPRESENTATION:
Three of the elected faculty members must be eligible for election to Faculty Senate ( Academic Charter, Article V.B).
All elected, appointed and ex officio members have full voting rights. Consultants are non-voting members. ( Academic Charter, Article V.B)