MyBGSU has a new look
MyBGSU's navigation and layout have been updated as of yesterday (Jan. 16).
All MyBGSU services and features remain available; however, they may appear in a different location.
The improvements to the portal include:
• The MyCourses portlet now appears on the Welcome page. Blackboard is available directly on the Welcome page, and the MyCourses tab has been removed.
• The Welcome page now has two instead of three columns and no banner in order to reduce visual clutter.
• The Campus Updates, Campus Events and Current Weather portlets are located near the bottom of the Welcome page.
• The MyServices portlet has moved from the right to the left column.
• Global navigation at the top includes links to Blackboard and Feedback.
• The screen resolution has been optimized to 1024 x 768 pixels.
MyBGSU is a secure enterprise portal that allows authorized campus users to access multiple services and communications with just one logon. With the exception of MyServices, every portlet is customizable and removable by the user.
To view the revised site, visit
TSC can answer Blackboard-related questions
All questions about Blackboard should be directed to the Technology Support Center (TSC) at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 2-0999. The TSC has been designated as the primary support provider and will be happy to assist with Blackboard-related questions.
University Choral Society invites singers to audition
Campus and community members are invited to audition to participate in the University Choral Society this semester.
The choral society was created in 1999 to provide an opportunity for lovers of choral music from all walks of life to perform some of the great choral masterworks with orchestra. Dr. William Skoog, director of choral activities, conducts the group.
Admission to the group is by audition. A love of singing and a commitment to musical excellence are the most important considerations for membership.
Participation in the ensemble can be on a non-credit basis or for BGSU credit through the Creative Arts Program.
Weekly rehearsals are at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesdays at First United Methodist Church , 1506 E. Wooster St
This season the choir will perform Berlioz's "Requiem" with the Toledo Symphony Orchestra on Feb. 3 and 4, and "Prayers of Kierkegaard" by Samuel Barber with the Bowling Green Philharmonia on April 23.
Auditions are by appointment only. Those interested may sing a prepared solo in any language. An accompanist will be provided. For more information and to set up an audition, call the College of Musical Arts at 2-8288.
January 17, 2006