The BGSU Board of Trustees has formed a committee to help seek the successor to President Carol Cartwright, who will retire in June of 2011.
Members of the committee announced at the May 7 trustees meeting are:
- William Primrose, board of trustees
- Emily Ancinec, undergraduate student
- Kristine Blair, professor and chair of English department
- Michelle Brodke, assistant professor of applied science, BGSU Firelands
- Jared Brown, graduate student
- Travis Chapin, associate professor of technology systems
- Dick Edwards, Bowling Green community member
- Yolanda Flores, classified staff member, Office of Multicultural Affairs
- John Harbal, former trustee and Port Clinton community member
- Stephanie Imhoff, board of trustees
- Charles Onasch, director, School of Earth, Environment and Society
- Tom Orchard, BGSU foundation board member
- Ed Reiter, alumnus
- Rodney Rogers, dean of the College of Business Administration
- Robert Sebo, board of trustees
- Fran Voll, board of trustees
- Daniel Williams, associate professor of theatre and film
- Sara Zulch-Smith, administrative staff member, College of Education and Human Development
Trustee William Primrose will chair the committee. The group met for the first time immediately following the trustees meeting.
Dr. Cartwright, former president of Kent State University, was initially hired as BGSU’s interim president following the departure of Dr. Sidney Ribeau in 2008. She was named president in January 2009, becoming BGSU’s 10th president and the first woman to hold the office at the University.