Huron Playhouse set to entertain
The Huron Playhouse, a division of the BGSU Department of Theatre and Film, will celebrate its 59th season with three musicals and two plays.
• “Kiss Me Kate,” the classic version of Shakespeare’s “The Taming of the Shrew,” starts off the season and runs June 26-30.
• Experience early 20th-century American life with “I Remember Mama” July 3-7.
• “Nunsense,” a funny story about adventures at a convent school, will be performed July 10-14.
• “Leading Ladies,” a comedy about two Shakespearean actors dressing in drag to pass themselves off as long-lost relatives and inherit some money, will be on stage July 17-21.
• The popular musical about the cheerful orphan, “Annie,” will close the season July 24-28.
Performances run Tuesdays through Saturdays. Curtain time is 8 p.m. The playhouse is located in the McCormick School at 325 Ohio St. in Huron.
Individual tickets and season passes are available. For more information, call the playhouse at 419-433-4744.
June 18, 2007