Huron Playhouse announces summer season
BGSU’s Huron Playhouse has announced the lineup for its 58th consecutive season. Ohio’s oldest continuing summer theatre will feature five productions with the theme of “Celebrating America.”
Shows run Tuesday through Saturday evenings, July 4-Aug. 5. Curtain time for all performances is 8 p.m. in the McCormick School on Ohio Street in Huron.
- The season will open fittingly on July 4 with the musical “1776,” by Peter Stone and Sherman Edwards, playing through July 8.
- The funny and touching “Steel Magnolias,” by Robert Harley, will be performed July 11-15.
- “Tintypes,” a nostalgic Broadway musical revue, takes the stage July 18-22.
- The Pulitzer Prize-winning comedy “Harvey,” by Mary Chase, runs July 25-29.
- The season ends with the ever-popular musical “Damn Yankees,” by Richard Adler and Jerry Ross, from Aug. 1-5.
Season passes and individual tickets are available. For ticket information and reservations, call the playhouse at 419-433-4744 or write to Huron Playhouse, P.O. Box 487, Huron, OH 44839.
June 26, 2006