Office of Equity & Diversity
President's Advisory Council on Diversity and Inclusion
The Chief Equity and Diversity Officer serves as chair of the PACODI.
Appointments may be for 1 to 3 year term.
The President makes all appointments.
Charge: (reviewed annually by the Chief Equity & Diversity Officer in collaboration with the President)
- Advisory and makes recommendations to the President.
- Assists with the review and development of strategic initiatives that support the University’s diversity and inclusion goals at all levels.
- Assesses, monitors, and works collaboratively across all areas of the University to make progress towards achieving BGSU diversity and inclusion goals at all levels of the University as it relates to faculty, staff and students.
In order to advance this agenda, the PACODI will be responsible for developing annual goals and timelines.
1 Academic Dean
2 faculty members
2 undergraduate students
2 graduate students
2 classified staff members
2 administrative staff members
1 community leader
- Director of Multicultural Affairs
- Director of Disability Services
- Senior Associate Vice President of Student Affairs
- Assistant Director, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT)
- Women’s Center
- Director of International Programs
- PACODI Firelands Chair
- Equity & Diversity Officer
PACODI may develop subcommittees to advance its goals and mission. Only PACODI members may serve as subcommittee chairs. Subcommittees may set their own meeting schedules and agendas.
PACODI Executive Committee:
PACODI subcommittee chairs will work collaboratively with the chair and keep the chair informed of its meetings and activities. The PACODI Executive Committee will comprise of the Chair and the subcommittee chairs.
The President’s Advisory Council on Diversity and Inclusion will normally meet three times per semester during the academic year and once during the summer. PACODI may form ad hoc and subcommittee groups that may meet more frequently. These groups may include members of campus or the greater BG community.
President's Advisory Council on Diversity and Inclusion Chair:
Barbara Waddell, Chief Equity & Diversity Officer
Not in Our Town Co-Chairs:
Vicky Kulicke, Equity and Diversity Officer