Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
Information Technology Services - ITS
For more information about ITS: Click HERE
To apply click the following e-mail address to attach as one document, in one attachment if possible, your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Marketing Communications Specialist requires an individual with the ability to assist Information Technology Services in defining and achieving objectives and outcomes that reinforce the University’s marketing/communications plan, both internally and externally.
• Assisting the Director of Client Services in establishing a production schedule, planning content, generating story ideas, and directing the production of print, electronic, video and web-based communications in conjunction with individuals and offices for all ITS programs.
• Maintaining overall consistency in marketing messages with a focus on aligning client goals with institutional goals.
• Interfacing with clients to clearly understand their objectives and outcomes, recommending appropriate tactics within the budget allotted, and managing projects through completion.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Act as liaison between the Office of Marketing & Communications and ITS for marketing and communications needs.
• Formulate tactics to help ITS achieve objectives and outcomes.
• Consult with and advise ITS regarding project and program objectives and outcomes, and how this integrates with larger University goals and complements other programs.
• Work collaboratively with photographers, videographers, graphic designers and writers.
• Recommend methods within the allotted budget to meet those needs while advancing the ITS mission.
• Implement the proposed methods.
• Direct projects while meeting multiple deadlines that result in client satisfaction,
maintaining quality control and consistent standards, conveying clearly the ITS image.
• Research, write and edit ITS communications pieces. Write and edit copy for letters, web sites, brochures, newsletters, and news releases. Create copy that clearly communicates ITS objectives in a manner that appeals to defined audiences. Evaluate copy against University and Associated Press standards.
• Assist in planning and coordinating special events and other public events on and off campus.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
Broad understanding of marketing and communications principles; Familiarity and proven abilities with various media options including print production and electronic methods; Collaborative work style; Strong writing, interpersonal and organizational skills; Ability to meet timely and crucial deadlines; Manage multiple projects simultaneously; Must have initiative, creativity and decisiveness.
Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism, public relations, marketing or communications-related field. Also required three years of marketing, communications and project management experience.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available. For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to email@example.com or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-627--)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0201
Deadline to apply: _________, 2013
(Credentials must be received by the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.)
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer.
We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States.
For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety
|Full-time staff members are offered many benefits at BGSU for a brief description click: here||Bowling Green was recently named one of the best home towns in Ohio. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Visitor and Convention Bureau. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce. Details: here||New resident information from the city of Bowling Green’s web site. Details: here|
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE