Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
Admissions - Firelands College
More information about Firelands College: CLICK HERE
To attach your cover letter, contact information for three professional references and resume and apply click here: email@example.com
This is a part-time position and will be a member of a team of professional advisors whose primary purpose is to provide academic advising and other support services for all BGSU Firelands students. This position will work closely with the Manager of Academic Advising and also with the Program Directors of assigned degree programs to provide comprehensive advising services.
Work hours 20 per week (.5 fte) not to exceed 24 hours per week. Please note BGSU will no longer allow employees to hold more than one part-time job at a time.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Conduct individual and small group advising sessions with students from various majors (both Associates and Bachelors programs). Handle "walk-in" advising issues and college-related problems.
• Assist with planning and implementation of New and Transfer Student Orientation programs and transfer meetings.
• Attend meetings on both campuses as a representative of academic and student services; serve as a liaison to main campus advising offices
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Comprehensive knowledge of university policy, procedure and degree programs (especially those offered at Firelands College).*
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including effective presentation skills.
• Ability to function as part of a team in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
• Extensive understanding of and familiarity with university and community support services in order to make effective student referrals.*
• Knowledge of university computer applications, including but not limited to CSS, BG web portal and registration system.*
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
*May be aquired after hire
Master's Degree required, preferably in College Student Personnel or related field. Also required, one full year of continuous advising experience in either the secondary or post-secondary education.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Two part-time, Administrative staff positions available. Work hours 20 per week (.5 fte) not to exceed 24 hours per week. Please note BGSU will no longer allow employees to hold more than one part-time job at a time. Administrative pay grade 354. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Limited benefits package available which includes retirement, workers compensation, unemployment coverage and Medicare. However no insurance benefits are available.
For more information about Administrative pay grades and ranges please click HERE
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of three professional references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of the Dean (J-62658)
Bowling Green State University Firelands
One University Drive
Huron, OH 44839
Deadline to apply: October 31, 2013
Credentials must be received on or before the deadline date. Final candidates will be required to provide official transcript(s).
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
Information on Firelands area Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Centers. Details: here
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE