Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
COORDINATOR, EMPLOYER INTERACTIONS/INTERNSHIPS
Career Center - Enrollment Management
For more information about the Career Center: CLICK HERE
To attach your cover letter, contact information for three professional references and resume (as one document, in one attachment if possible) and apply click here: email@example.com
The Coordinator, Employer Interactions/Internships serves as the primary contact for employers; monitors and manages employer relations efforts for the Career Center; coordinates the Cooperative Education & Internship Program; manages data collection and recruiting report writing; supports students’ internship and job search endeavors; and manages the Career Center’s online recruiting system.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Serves as dedicated point of contact for employers to ensure they have a quality experience recruiting BGSU students; responds to questions regarding WorkNet, CEIP policies/procedures, and job search recruitment practices; provides information regarding recruitment procedures and policies to managers, college recruiters, and recruiting coordinators from public and private organizations.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with hiring managers/recruiters to stay abreast of current and future needs for co-ops, interns, and new graduates; discusses expanded recruitment options with employers to identify new employment opportunities, job postings, on-campus recruiting visits, participation in job fairs, information sessions, and advertisements.
• Explains recruitment options and processes to recruiters and managers; recommends strategies to promote awareness of organization, available positions, and application process; monitors, reviews, and approves job postings.
• Monitors progress regarding employer development/relations activities (e.g., interview schedules and job and co-op/internship postings); collaborates with Career Center college liaisons and communicates with students to increase applications.
• Supports and enhances employer development/relations strategies, plans, and action items; assists in the development, planning, and implementation of a corporate recruitment program to increase employment and internship opportunities for students and alumni.
• Undertakes primary responsibility for collecting, managing and evaluating recruitment data.
• Develops and directs the On-Campus Recruiting Program and plans and executes events to support on-campus recruiting initiatives; provides comprehensive oversight of employer outreach activities.
• Assists recruiters by identifying degree programs and academic majors at BGSU suitable for their open positions.
• Delivers excellent customer service and represents the Career Center greeting employers and making sure their needs are met for on-campus interviews, information sessions, and other recruiting events.
• Follows up with employers to obtain accurate information regarding new hires (e.g., student’s name, major, position, salary, hire date, etc.).
Cooperative Education & Internship Program Management
• Serves as primary point of contact for employers and students responding to questions regarding CEIP policies/procedures, WorkNet, and internship search recruitment practices.
• Processes student personnel actions and facilitates students’ transition into their internship to co-op assignments; responds to personnel-related questions from interns/co-ops and their managers/supervisors.
• Conducts student and employer orientation sessions to explain procedures and requirements to participate in the Cooperative Education and Internship Program; trains students and employers on registration process and navigation of WorkNet, the Career Center’s online recruiting system.
Tracks all aspects of the internship and co-op reporting process.
• Coordinates collection and reporting of assessment and evaluation data; compiles statistical data and calculates participation rates, average salaries, and related data by academic program/college.
• Makes recommendations for the development and enhancement of policies, processes, procedures, and forms by evaluating current practices and responding to changes.
• Partners with International Student Services to inform international students of eligibility requirements and the US Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS) regulations governing their participation in internships and cooperative education assignments.
• Registers students for Co-op 050 transcript notation and reconciles Career Center’s co-op and internship database with University records.
• Manages the Career Center's online recruitment system.
• Makes recommendations for improving efficiency and functionality of systems used by the Career Center; tests internal and external systems.
• Provides assistance to employers and others concerning the job database; assists in maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the Career Center’s databases.
• Serves as the liaison to career software vendors; consults with software representatives to evaluate technical specifications and features of new systems and to keep current on emerging technologies and applications (e.g., pod-casting, streaming video, interactive learning systems) for the Career Center.
• Investigates problems within existing software systems and initiates corrective action, as needed.
• Updates in-house and web-based systems to incorporate new policies, procedures, and releases.
• Provides support for the Career Center’s web-based system to all constituents (inner office, students, alumni, and employers at BGSU).
• Creates and implements evaluations, assessments, and focus groups for students and employers; conducts satisfaction surveys of constituents to assess opinions regarding usability of services and resources.
• Develops customized reports from the database systems; prepares monthly, mid-year, and annual recruiting reports; generates data for campus and external reports/constituents.
• Monitors and generates data on job/internship postings, on-campus interviews, program participation, Career Center services/resources utilization, resume books, etc.
• Tracks co-op and internship data; creates and monitors benchmarks.
• Monitors, tracks, and benchmarks Career Center social media outlets.
• Meets individually with students in 30-minute appointments and 15 minute drop-in services to critique application materials and assist with the internship and job search process.
• Facilitates targeted workshops on preparing for cooperative education and internship assignments.
• Coordinates and conducts outreach activities to increase the number of students participating in cooperative education and internship experiences.
• Refers students to Counseling Center, Disability Services, academic advisors, or other services/programs deemed necessary.
• Organizes outreach activities for the department.
Career Center Representation and Other Duties
• Participates on Division/University committees, and state, regional, and national associations.
• Supports Career Center, Division of Enrollment Management, and University events such as Presidents’ Day, Preview Days, Commencement, Orientation, and University recruiting activities.
• Produces, writes, and edits articles for recruiting publications; writes content for brochures and forms; develops procedural manuals/guides for specialized content areas; conducts specialized research.
• Promotes Career Center services and programs to students, faculty, staff, and employers.
• Serves on Career Center project teams.
• Develops content for Career Center social media outlets.
• Assists in the design and updates of the Career Center’s web site.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Assessment and evaluation skills
• Time management skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Ability to teach and train others
• Ability to work with diverse groups and individuals
• Detail oriented individual
• Computer skills
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Psychology, Business, Communication, Sociology, or other related field. Also required two to four years’ experience in higher education, program development and project management. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the University’s vehicle use policy.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time, Administrative staff position.. Administrative pay grade 353. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
For more information about Administrative pay grades and ranges please click HERE
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62597)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0201
Deadline to apply: June 28, 2013
(Credentials must be received in the Office of Human Resources on or before the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.)
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members|
are offered many
benefits at BGSU for
a brief description
|Bowling Green was|
recently named one
of the best home
towns in Ohio.
the Bowling Green
the Bowling Green Chamber of
the city of Bowling
Green’s web site.
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE