Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
Office of Human Resources
(This search is being reposted with revised qualifications. Those that have previously applied do not need to reapply and will remain in the pool for consideration.)
To visit the Office of Human Resources' web site: Click HERE
To apply, click the following e-mail address: email@example.com and attach (as one document if possible), your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
Provide system support for certain areas of the BGSU’s HCM system including but not limited to: maintenance of setup tables, testing of updates and customizations, and the development of ad hoc reports. The incumbent will research, document and find solutions for issues involving the HCM System. In addition, the incumbent interfaces with other offices/departments in regards to the system
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for updating tables for Payroll and HR/Benefits in the system
- Extracting information from the system through the creation and execution of queries in response to request for information within BGSU and public from the general public in pursuant to the Ohio Public Records Act.
- Handles system testing and systematic data review, creates testing scripts, writes and conducts testing plans
- Becomes the Human Resources/Payroll lead for various upgrades, installation of new components and phases of BGSU’s transition to the system under the direction of the Payroll Manager and Associate Director of HR
- Investigation of alternative solutions (work around) for identified issues/gaps in CSS system
- Documentation of processes and procedures support data workflow from HR/Benefits for Payroll processing and reporting
- Reviews business practices and processes as it relates to the system, suggest changes for increased efficiency/effectiveness
- Participates in the liaison role for Human Resource and Payroll in systems related actions
- Review HCM Data for accuracy
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of regulations, laws, and policies pertaining to HR and payroll
- Effective time management skills and ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Functional end user of PeopleSoft CSS/HCM preferred
- Experience in creating test plans and writing test scripts preferred
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Microsoft applications knowledge (advanced excel skills)
- Experience using relational databases for reporting preferred
Bachelor's degree required preferably in business, information technology or accounting.
Plus the following required experience:
- 2 years of work experience dealing with payroll or a human resources offices, dealing with business processes and procedures or two years working with information systems that support payroll and human resources.
- 1 - 2 years of HRIS experience with ERP applications
- PeopleSoft HCM application suite including Payroll, Time and Labor, HR, Benefits configuration, troubleshooting and upgrades.
- PeopleSoft Query
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
To Apply - (This search is being reposted with revised qualifications. Those that have previously applied do not need to reapply and will remain in the pool for consideration.)
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search L-62646)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Deadline to apply: October 24, 2013
Credentials must be received on or before the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members|
are offered many
benefits at BGSU for
a brief description
|Bowling Green was|
recently named one
of the best home
towns in Ohio.
the Bowling Green
the Bowling Green Chamber of
the city of Bowling
Green’s web site.
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE