Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
ENTERPRISE APPLICATION ADMINISTRATOR
Information Technology Services
To visit the ITS web site: CLICK HERE
To apply click, the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and attach (as one document if possible), your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
The Enterprise Application Administrator position plays a vital role in the installation, configuration, administration, and maintenance of several enterprise applications within the BGSU application portfolio.
The applications in which this position supports are as following: PeopleSoft CSS, PeopleSoft HCM, PeopleSoft FMS, PeopleSoft EPM, STAT and OnBase.
Individuals in this position have the required access and authority to make any application changes in all environments (including production). This position's responsibilities include installing delivered application software, configuring the software to work on the BGSU hardware and database environments, preparing the application so that the functional leads and IT staff can begin the user configuration and testing, performing application maintenance and upgrades and migrating any application changes through out the application development lifecycle.
This is a highly technical position that requires the individual to understand the application infrastructure
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Install and configure new Oracle/PeopleSoft applications, modules, upgrades, maintenance packs and PeopleTools. Install and configure new modules within OnBase. This includes managing the PeopleSoft PIA, Tuxedo Application Server, Web Logic, Integration Broker, Process Scheduler and OnBase Server Application software
- Monitor and maintain the health of the PeopleSoft, OnBase and Stat Applications. This requires research on any reported issues from the ITS application development staff. Additionally, this requires monitoring technical forums for new "tips and tricks" and possible new technology that should be implemented at BGSU.
- Assist and support BGSU projects and initiatives by rebuilding/cloning the test environments, building stress testing plans, and monitoring application performance during testing for the PeopleSoft and OnBase Applications
- Manage and maintain all application development migrations to the production environments.
- Maintain a broad knowledge of technology, equipment and/or systems. Keep abreast of technical developments and information system trends by self-study and participation in courses, seminars and conferences.
- Provide technical leadership within the Application Development and support team
- Other project assignments as needed which apply to the related technical skill set.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- • In depth technical knowledge of the ERP system, PeopleTools, and Web/Application servers.
- • Management and Best Practices for handling vendor supplied fixes and patches
- • Knowledge of the migration process for moving local customizations to production
Bachelor's degree required preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or related field.
Plus the following required experience:
• 3 years of experience installing enterprise application systems
• 3 years of IT technical application problem solving experience
• 2 years of IT applications development experience
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to email@example.com or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search L-62642)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Review of applications will begin on September 13, 2013 and will continue until the position is filled.
Credentials must be received on or before the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members are offered many benefits at BGSU for a brief description click: here||Bowling Green was recently named one of the best home towns in Ohio. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Visitor and Convention Bureau. Details: here|
Information from the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce. Details: here
|New resident information from the city of Bowling Green’s web site. Details: here|
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE