Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, SYSTEMS AND ASSESSMENT
Student Financial Aid
To visit the Student Financial Aid web site: Click Here
To apply click the following e-mail address: email@example.com and attach (as one document if possible), your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
The Assistant Director, Systems and Assessment is responsible for the ongoing development, maintenance, and evaluation of Student Financial Aid computing systems. Serving as an integral member of the Financial Aid management team, the Assistant Director, Systems and Assessment leads business process reviews, implementation/upgrades of systems, and the development of systems for business operations and functions. This position assists in setting goals and directions for the office and supervises the Business Analyst, Web and Server Applications Manager, Information Specialist, and a graduate assistant position.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- System Administration - configure Financial Aid ERP system to produce desired results from many varied processes, contribute to the control and updating of system security access, oversee the creation and scheduling of batch processing jobs, supervise and facilitate the electronic data exchanges with other university offices and state and federal agencies. Lead the testing of software updates and new development.
- System Analysis - design, develop, test, and implement new systematic processes for Financial Aid functions; often working with others inside and outside of the Financial Aid office. Requires in depth understanding of Financial Aid regulations, University policy, business practices in other offices, and available resources. Assess risks, estimate resource requirements, and determine cost/benefit analysis of process alternatives. Monitors emerging technologies and reports on their potential application to SFA business processes.
- Office Management - Supervise, train, and evaluate 3 administrative staff members, and a graduate student assistant.
- Oversee new development and maintenance of dynamic web applications used by current and prospective students and parents, Financial Aid staff, and other university departments. Lead the maintenance of SFA public information website and social network presence. Supervises the effective electronic communication methods and styles for all contact and information needs.
- Production Support - provide ongoing support to users of the Financial Aid ERP system with the creation of queries, reports, equation engines, and end user training and documentation. Assure quality control of data, and information for students and parents. Researches and follows through on financial aid issues referred to the Director from students/parents, University department and personnel, the US Department of Education, The Ohio Board of Regents, lenders, guaranty agencies, and others.
- Serve as liaison for Financial Aid in systems related actions including interfaces with other PeopleSoft modules, to discuss issues, solve common problems, suggest changes and procedures for Financial Aid and other departments, and represent Financial Aid on University committees.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Processing Financial Aid in PeopleSoft CS, project management, ERP business process analysis.
- Must maintain an extensive in-depth knowledge of federal, state, and other agency laws and regulations that govern student financial aid programs.
- Must maintain an extensive working knowledge of SFA's policies and business procedures/practices as well as maintain a reasonable understanding of selected policies, procedures and practices from offices that interact most closely with SFA.
- Must maintain confidentiality of information as required by federal law.
- Must have very strong analytical and problem solving skills, especially in research design, statistical analysis, trend analysis, tracking data, assessment, resource allocation.
- Sound, logical independent decision making skills.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must have effective interpersonal, leadership, and consensus-building skills.
- Must have effective project planning and management skills.
Bachelor's degree required. Computer Science, MIS, MBA or Business Administration fields preferred. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
Plus the following required experience:
- 2 years of increasing supervisory, leadership, or project management responsibility
- 2 years of web design, programming and/or system design experience
- Experience in a Financial Aid Office
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search L-62664)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Deadline to apply: November 6, 2013
Credentials must be received on or before the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members are offered many benefits at BGSU for a brief description click: here||Bowling Green was recently named one of the best home towns in Ohio. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Visitor and Convention Bureau. Details: here|
Information from the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce. Details: here
|New resident information from the city of Bowling Green’s web site. Details: here|
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE