Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
ASSISTANT MEN'S SOCCER COACH
To visit the Intercollegiate Athletics web site click: HERE
To apply click the following e-mail address to attach as one document, in one attachment if possible, your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to : email@example.com
Assist the head coach in all phases of the specified sport program including, but not limited to, recruiting qualified student-athletes, organization of practice and competition, scheduling, budget management supervision of academic progress, public relations, and compliance with University, Conference, and NCAA rules.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Assist the head coach to plan, develop and promote a highly competitive NCAA Division I program.
• Assist the head coach in organizing and implementing practice and training procedures for the development and improvement of individuals and team skills.
• Successfully identify, select and recruit prospective student-athletes who display the athletic and academic talents and ability to successfully compete in the MAC and BGSU.
• Display knowledge and adhere to all rules and regulations, pertaining to the sport as established by the NCAA, MAC, and the University.
• Complete and report in a timely fashion, all Department, University, and Conference administrative information, as well as academic, recruiting and financial information.
• Monitor budget expenditures to assure fiscal responsibility.
• Assist in the development and implementation of fundraising activities.
• Assist with the planning and execution of camps and clinics.
• Attend required department meetings.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Oral communication skills
• Written communication skills
• General budgeting and accounting skills
• Computer skills, ability to use email and internet functions
• Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
• Ability to handle administrative paper work
• Ability to work under stressful conditions
• Ability to make quick decisions
• Ability to relate to individuals from diverse backgrounds
Bachelor’s Degree required. Also required, pass the NCAA recruiting test annually. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the university’s vehicle use policy.
One to two years successful experience in college coaching and/or club coach or other relevant experience at the Division I, II, III, NAIA, Junior College or High School level (graduate assistantship experience accepted). USSF (United States Soccer Federation) ‘C’ License, or equivalent. National Soccer Coaches Association of America National Diploma/Advanced or National Diploma. Goalkeeper experience.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time, Coaching position available. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62712)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0201
Deadline to apply: January 3, 2014
Credentials must be received by the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members are offered many benefits at BGSU for a brief description click: here||Bowling Green was recently named one of the best home towns in Ohio. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Visitor and Convention Bureau. Details: here|
Information from the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce. Details: here
|New resident information from the city of Bowling Green’s web site. Details: here|
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE