Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
DIRECTOR OF UNDERGRADUATE RESEARCH
To visit the Academic Affairs web site click: HERE
To attach your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references (as one document, in one attachment if possible) and apply click here: email@example.com
This nine-month full-time administrative staff position will provide coordination and administrative oversight over the various undergraduate research programs at BGSU. It will also be responsible for pursuing external grant support for these activities from both public and private sources.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative and operational leadership of the Center for Undergraduate Research and Scholarship (CURS).
- Develop and implement a strategic vision for coordinating the activities and management of all undergraduate research programs at BGSU, both internally and externally funded, in consultation with the college deans, department chairs and coordinators of STEM activities.
- Write/coordinate external grant applications, development activities and connections with alumni to support undergraduate research activities at BGSU
- Plan, coordinate, and implement undergraduate research conference and other programming
- Work with both Marketing & Communications and the Admissions Office to ensure that undergraduate research is prominently featured in University publications including admissions materials. Attend appropriate student recruitment events.
- Monitor program effectiveness through use to appropriate evaluation tools.
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience in mentoring research students
- Experience in writing successful external grant applications
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer-service orientation
- Ability and commitment to work effectively with diverse constituencies, including faculty, staff, students, community leaders, donors
- Proficiency with computer software applications, including graphics, databases, word processing, publication and presentation software
Master's degree required preferably a MA/MS in any research intensive field. A Ph.D. is strongly preferred.
Plus the following required experience:
- 3 years of experience working in higher education
- 2 years of experience in project development and coordination
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Nine-month full-time administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 359. Full benefits package available. For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE .
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to the address below.
Office of Human Resources (Search L-62671)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Deadline to apply: November 15, 2013
(Credentials must be received on or before the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.)
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s website at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members are offered many benefits at BGSU for a brief description click: here||Bowling Green was recently named one of the best home towns in Ohio. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Visitor and Convention Bureau. Details: here|
Information from the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce. Details: here
|New resident information from the city of Bowling Green’s web site. Details: here|
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE