Administrative Staff Position
TRAINING AND EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
Center For Faculty Excellence
To apply click, the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and attach (as one document if possible), your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references
The Training and Educational Technology Specialist position assists in providing training, support, and consultation for educational technologies for BGSU faculty. This position is required to assist the Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE) in creating and maintaining training programs that prepare faculty in the selection and utilization of educational technologies that promote best pedagogical practices in teaching and learning with technology. Training and Educational Technology Specialist will also assist faculty in course instructional design for online, blended, and face-to-face courses utilizing the Learning Management System (LMS) and a range of web and multimedia technologies, as well as assist in training and support in the use of on-campus classroom technologies. The individual in this position will play an important boundary spanning role between Information Technology Services and the CFE.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Assist in developing and delivering training materials and courses for faculty and consulting with faculty in the use of educational technologies and their selection and use in support of best pedagogical practices in online, blended, and face-to-face classes.
• Assist in the instructional design and development of online, blended, and face-to-face classes and in the development of course components in regard to pedagogical, technical, and administrative aspects, utilizing the LMS and needed software, web resources, and multimedia.
• Assist in the development and delivery of training for classroom technologies for faculty.
• Investigate current tools, technologies and pedagogies related to developing and delivering training curriculum. Participate in webinars, presentations, and self-study to broaden knowledge base and stay current in the field.
• Schedule and organize courses, schedule training sessions, and maintain a training registration system for the CFE.
• Perform administrative duties related to all training projects: updating the master spreadsheet, running reports, and responding to questions.
• Perform other duties as needed including attending departmental and committee meetings.
This list of essential duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive. The individual will perform other essential duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to apply research supported best practices in teaching pedagogy (online, blended, and face to face).
• Ability to review and evaluate technical applications and develop training materials.
• Proven ability to develop and present training seminars, create multimedia job aids and tutorials, and build training courses.
• Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Broad knowledge of various instructional technologies and pedagogies.
• Proficient in web design and web-based instruction.
• Knowledge of media development software such as Screenr, Final Cut, iLife Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Audacity, Articulate, etc.
• Knowledge of a learning management system.
• Proficient in cross platform operating systems (Windows and Mac OS) and web browsers.
• Broad and basic computer skills to use programs such as Acrobat, Word, Excel, and Access.
• Complex problem solving ability.
• Familiarity with ADA, Teach Act, and Copyright issues.
Master’s Degree required, preferably in Education, Technology, Instructional Design, or related field. Also required two years’ experience in the following areas: higher education working with faculty, in creating and delivering training and training materials, in multimedia and web development and instructional design. Certificatiion
Quality Matters certification
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time administrative staff position available. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Administrative pay grade 353. Full benefits package available. For more information on Administrative pay grades and ranges click HERE .
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to email@example.com or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62663)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Deadline to apply: November 6, 2013
Credentials must be received prior to the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members|
are offered many
benefits at BGSU
for a brief description
|Bowling Green was recently named|
one of the best
home towns in Ohio. Details: here
the Bowling Green
the Bowling Green
the city of Bowling
Green’s web site.
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE