Administrative Staff Position Vacancy Announcement
Information Technology Services - ITS
For more information about ITS: Click HERE
To apply click the following e-mail address to attach as one document, in one attachment if possible, your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com
The Application Developer position is the key role in administering and maintaining all aspects of the administrative systems for BGSU, including PeopleSoft applications. This position is required to be able to write functional and technical specifications as well as code and test conversions, interfaces, reports using various programming languages( such as SQR, PeopleSoft Application Engine, XML Publisher).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and write technical specifications, program code and unit test documents for conversion and support of reports, interfaces, conversions and enhancements. This involves the following:
• Create technical specifications detailing the system work necessary to implement functional specifications provided by the user. This would include conversion, new development, and support projects.
• Use technical specifications to create or change program code in the appropriate software, following BGSU standards.
• Write unit test plans.
• Execute the test plan and resolve any errors until the process is error free.
• Document the outcome from the execution of the test plan.
• Update and maintain accuracy of project documentation and work flow as well as provide information necessary for project manager to stay informed about progress.
• Perform analysis, identify problems and potential solutions, make recommendations and evaluate results as they relate to development, enhancement, and maintenance of both manual and automated processes. Communication with appropriate personnel at BGSU and outside hardware and software vendors may be necessary during this process.
• Provide and maintain documentation for any changed processes that affect users. Create and maintain documentation for work related practices to be used by other developers so BGSU standards can be maintained.
• Maintain a broad knowledge of technology such as changing program languages, equipment and systems. Stay abreast of new technical developments and information system trends by means of self-study and participation in courses, seminars and conferences.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties and projects as assigned.
This list of essential duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
• Ability to effectively handle multi-task projects and assignments
• Skilled in analyzing, troubleshooting and problem solving
• Ability to learn new skills, techniques and programming languages
• Ability to follow standards and procedures for the organization
• Skilled in effective verbal and written communications
• Understands workings of relational databases; skilled with SQL tools and techniques
Bachelor's Degree required preferably in Computer Science or closely related field. Also required; four years of program development experience, two years of writing technical specifications and assisting with functional specifications experience and two years of writing test documents and revising functional and/or technical specifications experience.
Experience with PeopleSoft development tools (i.e. Application Designer, PeopleCode, Application Engine).
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time, Administrative staff position available. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefit package available.
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (Search J-62687)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0201
Deadline to apply: December 13, 2013
(Credentials must be received in the Office of Human Resources on or before the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.)
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members are offered many benefits at BGSU for a brief description click: here||Bowling Green was recently named one of the best home towns in Ohio. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Visitor and Convention Bureau. Details: here||Information from the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce. Details: here||New resident information from the city of Bowling Green’s web site. Details: here|
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE