Administrative Staff Position
SENIOR ASSOCIATE ATHLETIC DIRECTOR
For more information about BGSU Athletics: Click HERE
To attach your cover letter, contact information for three professional references and resume (as one document, in one attachment if possible) and apply click here: email@example.com
The primary responsibility for the Senior Associate Athletic Director is oversight of all revenue generating units within Intercollegiate Athletics and to work closely with the development activities of the department. This position is also responsible for overall visibility and image for intercollegiate athletics. This includes: ticket sales, game day atmosphere, marketing and promotions, media rights, athletics communications, corporate sponsorships, auxiliary events, concessions and merchandise and licensing.
Essential Duties, Tasks and Responsibilities
• Synchronize department development activities with the Athletics development staff and the University development staff.
• Serve as Sport Administrator for at least one intercollegiate athletic team.
• Provide direction of all phases of Athletic ticketing which includes operations, sales and marketing initiatives.
• Oversee marketing and promotions for all sports programs, special events and auxiliary events, including marketing plans, promotional activities and game day experience and environment for fans.
• Serve as primary liaison with Learfield Communications, the multi-media rights holder for BGSU Athletics. This includes developing new corporate sponsorships and inventory.
• Administration of the Athletics Communications office, especially coordinating overall communications strategies related to larger external initiatives.
• Liaison for partners and vendors related to external initiatives.
• Other duties as assigned by Director of Athletics
This list of essential duties, tasks and responsibilities is not all-inclusive; individual will perform other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of external partnerships focused on revenue generation. Ability to communicate (written and verbal), ability to set vision / goals nested in the athletic department and university strategic plan, and ability to lead the external operations unit through measurable goals and holding the unit accountable.
Master’s Degree required, preferably in one of the following areas: Business, Leadership and Administration, Higher Education, Marketing. Also required five to seven years of progressively increased experience in any or combination of the following: managing staff, fundraising/major gift solicitation, marketing, sales, communications, sport administration, communications. Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and comply with the
university’s vehicle use policy.
Division I collegiate experience.
Pre-Employment Background Check
Final candidate(s) are required to authorize and pass a background investigation prior to an offer of employment. Offers of employment are conditional until a background investigation has been successfully completed and all other pre-employment requirements are satisfied. The University reserves the right to determine and confirm suitability for employment and to end any employment already begun if the background check reveals disqualifying information.
Full-time, administrative staff position. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Full benefits package available.
Submit cover letter w/email address, resume, and contact information of 3 professional references (in one document as one attachment if possible) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or regular mail to:
Office of Human Resources (L-62701)
1851 N. Research Drive
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0201
Deadline to apply: December 27, 2013
(Credentials must be received in the Office of Human Resources on or before the deadline date. Official transcript(s) will be required of final candidates.)
Bowling Green State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educator and Employer. We are committed to a multicultural environment and strongly encourage applications from women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. BGSU hires only individuals authorized to work in the United States. For information regarding BGSU’s crime statistics, please visit Public Safety’s web site at www.bgsu.edu/offices/safety.
|Full-time staff members|
are offered many
benefits at BGSU
for a brief description
|Bowling Green was recently named|
one of the best
home towns in Ohio. Details: here
the Bowling Green
the Bowling Green
the city of Bowling
Green’s web site.
To return to all Administrative Staff Vacancies click HERE