103 Shatzel Hall, 419-372-2268
Upon completion of the baccalaureate degree, students in German are expected to:
- Attain language proficiency levels congruent with national professional standards published by the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages;
- Demonstrate understanding of the aesthetic qualities and socio-historical contexts of a set of representative texts from German culture;
- Be able to employ different interpretive approaches;
- Know the cultural history and social realities of at least one target culture society, most likely Austrian or German.
- GERM 3170, 3180 (6)
- GERM 3110 or 3130 (3)
- One course from 3150, 3160, or 4160 (Contemporary Austrian Life) (3)
- Electives in GERM, excluding 3150 and 3160 (6)
Programs in German also are offered by the College of Education and Human Development.