431 Life Sciences, 419-372-9559
Upon completion of the baccalaureate degree, students in microbiology are expected to:
- Understand the scientific process as shown in designing and implementing experiments;
- Evaluate evidence and differentiate between scientific and unscientific arguments;
- Present scientific information in appropriate oral and written formats to scientific and nonscientific audiences;
- Understand the basic principles of microorganisms as shown by reading and comprehending primary research literature in Microbiology;
- Apply knowledge of Microbiology to address a variety of needs and problems, locally and globally;
- Be prepared for post-baccalaureate studies in Microbiology and related fields, medical school, or for entering the private sector in areas related to Microbiology.