Final Grade Submission
Information for Submitting Final Semester Grades
Submission of final semester grades using Faculty Center
- Quick Reference instructions for final semester grade submission using Faculty Center
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's) regarding final semester grade submission
- Please note the icons displayed above My Teaching Schedule are not live links, these are provided as a legend for your reference. To select a Grade Roster, select the appropriate icon in the column next to the class name.
Submission of Grades for Canvas users
- For faculty members who use Canvas, please follow the instructions provided above for entering grades using Faculty Center.
Items of interest for those submitting final semester grades
- Processing final semester grades in CSS is "real time". Final semester grades are available to students as soon as they are posted.
- Academic Standings will be available following the grade processing, which is completed the Wednesday after Finals week. (Except Fall 2013 which will be processed on Thursday, December 26th.)
- Final semester grades need to be entered for every student on the Grade Roster.
- Timetable for submitting final semester grades:
- Fall 2013 Final Grade Rosters will be created December 9, 2013
- Faculty may begin to post grades as soon as the Grade Roster is available
- Faculty may continue to post the Grade Roster through 5 p.m. on December 26th
- After 5 p.m. on December 26th, Registration and Records will:
- post any grades saved on Grade Rosters
- populate a grade of NGR (no grade) for any grade not recorded or saved on the Grade Roster
- do a final post of all final grades
- Once grades are posted, an instructor will need to obtain a Grade Change form from their college office and submit it with appropriate signatures to change a final grade. The exceptions to this are final grades of 'NGR', which can be changed with a signed memo from the instructor.
- For students on a Grade Roster who have not attended class or turned in work, Academic Policy states
- For Undergraduate Students: the student should be given the final grade of 'ATN'
- For Graduate Students: the student should be given a final grade of 'WF'
- in addition, Federal regulations regarding Student Financial Aid require you to report the student's last date of attendance
- This information is required and may be entered on the final grade roster.
Questions regarding the submission of grades may be directed to Records@bgsu.edu.
Return to Registration & Records Home Page
Last Updated 12.11.13