Ohio Board of Regent's rule for Veteran students and their dependents (Section C4) indicates that veterans need to prove either their honorable discharge or medical separation, with one year of service, and that they reside in Ohio as of the first day of enrollment. Dependents need to prove their relationship to the veteran.
BGSU requires the student to provide the following documentation when applying under Section C4:
- Submit a completed Ohio Residency application along with supporting documentation to the Office of Registration and Records during, or prior to, the term in which you are seeking a change in residency status.
- A copy of the veterans's honorable discharge or medical separation (with one year of service) papers, if applicable.
- A copy of the deceased veteran's death certificate, if applicable.
- A copy of a current lease or a property deed showing residency in Ohio (or letter from owner of the residence certifying the spouse/parent resides at that residence).
- For veteran's dependents, a copy of the veteran's previous year's federal tax return (page 1 only, showing dependents) or a copy of your marriage certificate if you did not file taxes jointly. REMOVE ALL SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS AND CHECKING/SAVINGS ACCOUNT NUMBERS FROM ALL DOCUMENTS PRIOR TO SUBMISSION.
Return Completed Form and all supporting documentation to:
Peg CrowAssistant to the University RegistrarBowling Green State UniversityOffice of Registration and RecordsRoom 110, Administration BldgBowling Green, OH 43403
Questions may be directed to Ms. Crow at 419-372-7962.
Last Updated: 10.22.13