Tutorial assistance may be paid to students receiving Chapters 30, 33, 35, and 1606 educational benefits. Assistance is not authorized for Chapter 1607 or VRAP at this time.
Tutorial assistance will help students pay for necessary tutoring and is a supplement to the regular educational benefit.
- The monthly rate may not exceed the cost of tutoring or $100. The maximum amount payable is $1200 per student per benefit program.
- There is no entitlement charge for the first $600 under Chapter 30 and 1606. There is no entitlement charge under Chapter 33 and Chapter 35.
All of the following criterion must be met for a student to be eligible:
- The student must be attending BGSU at least half-time.
- The student must have a deficiency in a course that is part of his/her approved program.
- The student must be enrolled in the course during the semester the tutoring is received. Tutoring may not occur between semesters.
An Application and Enrollment Certification for Individualized Tutorial Assistance (VA Form 22-1990t) must be completed and submitted at the end of each month or combination of months. The application must be signed and dated on or after the date of the last tutoring session certified. The VA will pay for tutorial assistance during the one-year period before the date the VA receives the application.
The application and additional information may be found at: Department of Veterans Affairs - Tutorial Assistance