OFFICE OF THE DEAN OF STUDENTS
Personal Crisis and Emergency Services
Associate Dean of Students
Students with personal emergencies or crisis concerns related to issues such as assault, suicide, and death will find assistance and support through the Office of the Dean of Students. The Associate Dean of Students will respond to personal emergencies and crisis situations and will serve as the University liaison in dealing with these matters.
Being prepared is what really counts when an emergency or crisis occurs. At Bowling Green State University, we're ready to help our students 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our staff is trained to provide immediate and experienced assistance for everything from a natural disaster to a family emergency. On campus or off, we care about the health and well being of our students, all day, every day.
BGSU's Emergency and Crisis Assistance Includes:
- COPES (Coordinator of Personal Emergency Services) - a designated BGSU staff person is on-call, 24/7, to respond to student emergencies or crises on behalf of Bowling Green State University. BGSU coordinates immediate and effective emergency action with on-campus and off-campus offices, such as the Office of Residence Life, the Counseling Center, academic colleges and offices, Campus Police, and the Office of the Bursar.
- Facilitating communication between on and off-campus students, their families and faculty, staff, community employers and others.
- Coordination between BGSU and community offices and agencies such as the American Red Cross, counselors, area medical facilities and churches.
- Regular meetings among BGSU's crisis coordinators to evaluate current issues and situations.
- Post-crisis and resolution support for any students involved in emergencies.