Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
BGSU STATE AND NATIONAL FERPA RESOURCES
Welcome to FERPA at BGSU Resources!
Below are BGSU Main Campus Resources, BGSU Firelands College Resources as well as National/State FERPA Resources.
Listed below are the FERPA National and State Resources.
National and State FERPA Resources
The following national and state resources provide detailed explanations of FERPA to help clarify the implications of this law in its application.
• National Association of College and University Attorneys
• NACUANOTES, August 6, 2007, Volume 5, Number 4.
• Balancing Student Privacy and School Safety: A Guide to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act for Colleges and Universities (See especially personal knowledge or observation and FERPA permits institutions to comply with…SEVIS)
• Family Policy Compliance Office (FPCO)
• FERPA Federal Regulations (Title 34, Part 99)
• For answers to routine questions, email: FERPA@ED.Gov.